Tuesday 4 April 2017

What a difference a year makes and a change of perspective!

When i wrote in here almost four weeks ago i was feeling a little down and frustrated and as is always difficult for me, having time and patience, the time and patience to allow things to happen in life rather than rushing through it!  Time and patience is something i still struggle with but reading my blog post from 8th March makes me aware of how much has changed in four weeks!

I try to be a positive person, to see the good in situations, to believe things happen for a reason and that some situations require the time to see them through and when we look back we can understand what their significance was.....but i'm only human and there are times when it can weigh me down and that was certainly the situation four weeks ago.  I love living in India and to me it most definitely is home.  That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of frustrations, after three months of living here it annoys me that people still want to come and say hello to me as I walk to work just because I am a foreigner and female,  Almost every day for three months, it gets wearing!  To be fair I don't get it that much but that's mainly because i stick my music on and block them all out and i'm usually very oblivious to most things!  I know they are staring and talking about me anyway so they can do that without my involvement!  I guess I get used to the place but i'm still interesting and new to some people!

Then there is the bank account I have been trying to open for the past two and a half months and I still haven't been successful;-)  Internet finally got sorted and oh that made life easier for me.  Dannie without internet is not good!  Things can take a long time to get sorted and once they are you can breathe a sigh of relief and get ready for the next challenge!  Just the other day they turned off my sim because I had had it for three months and as a foreigner that's as long as I was allowed it, fortunately my two bhai (Indian brothers)  managed to sort that out for me:-)  It took three visits to the phone shop but they sorted!  Their good brothers to me and look after me well....as brothers should do!

So how does life look at present!  Firstly it is hard to believe that it was a year ago that I set off for two months on my travelling expedition with 1 week in Nepal, 1 week in Tibet and 8 weeks planned in India, the one place I just wanted to be in, never realising that I would in fact actually want to make it permanent!  Those two months were great because they were very tough, having to deal with many situations and dealing with them on the whole on my own, things did not work out as I had hoped and I had to deal with various challenges and I now realise the importance of them as it seems to make things easier second time round and make me aware of what is still important to me.  So if it had not been for those two months of travel and seeing what India was like I would not be sitting in my apartment now, feeling cosy and at home!  So time does indeed tell on many situations!  It also helps, as having seen a small proportion of India already it means i am not desperate to rush out and see lots of it at present and right now i want to focus on getting settled here and working on helping to educate the children and provide them with the best learning environment.

So from this time in India.......





To this time in India!








No comments:

Post a Comment