Wow! It's been such a long time since I last blogged and so much has happened since then! I knew life in India would end up busy but i never realised how busy! So rather than me writing a huge long post detailing everything that has happened these last several months, I'll give you some bullet point snippets.
- I left the charity i was working at in August. It was no longer working out for me and the owner and I are simply two very different people with very different ideas.
- I went back to the UK for a month from end of August to end of September.
- Whilst there i changed my visa and was fortunate to get a 5 year business visa for India in order to work on my massage business and other social causes.
- It was a stressful time applying for the business visa as I wasn't sure i would get it and there was the fear that if I didn't, how else would i get back to India.
- I had a wonderful time catching up with friends and family whilst i was back, enjoying peaceful roads without cars pulling out in front of you and home comfort foods.
- Whilst it was a lovely experience it was great to return to India where the real fun began and i have had a steady stream of massage clients ever since!
- I've made connections in a couple of hotels and am enjoying getting back to some massage again.
- I and my Indian brother are working on creating our own NGO which looks at upholding legal issues especially relating to the environment, elderly and disability.
- We're in the early stages but work has begun and we have a lot of work to do in front of us.
- I set up a volunteer scheme with one of my dearest friends and we have some work to do to get that up and running but once it takes off it will help many people.
- I've been making new friends and socialising.
- I've been up to the Himlayas and had a lovely break away exploring Himachel Pradesh.
- I've been working on making home more homely and a place that i want to be at for the next five years.
So, as you can see, it has been a busy time trying to set some good foundations for this next stage of life in India. I've continued with my Hindi studies and have tried to do a bit of cooking here and there, but both have taken a bit of a back seat as i have tended to be focused on other things that needed doing.
Things are going to continue being busy for some time....but it's all part of the fun in India! Plus my mum and sister are coming to visit in just under two weeks, so it will be an exciting time travelling around.