Thursday 9 March 2017

When things are tough, count your blessings!

So, i'm not allowed to quit right now but life doesn't give me a break either and help to set up my massage business in a more efficient and productive way. Money is going out but none really comes back in. I find out that due to the failings of my solicitor i have had to pay the service charges on my flat which belong to the previous owner, a charge of £236 and none of them are my charges at all!! It's just one thing after another and although i knew things would be tough, i'm not sure why they have to actually be this tough. It's already difficult enough moving to another country and creating a new life, never mind having to deal with financial problems due to issues with the  boiler company i use who refuse to return my money, of which i am having to escalate to the ombudsman, then the huge bill that is not mine thanks to the failures of the solicitors, I'm desperately trying to set up a massage business of which lots of people tell me that they can help me with it but no one has really delivered on this. If i hear one more person tell me how lovely that is or how they must get booked in for a massage....just book in and experience it instead of just talking about it!!

So......with things being difficult i want to reflect on how far i have come in the ten weeks of living in Jaipur.

  • Found somewhere to live that is mine for the next 10months
  • Have begun doing some Bollywood dancing.
  • Have been looking for and finally have us signed up to learn how to cook Indian style.
  • Have been taking Hindi lessons
  • Have made two good friends here
  • Have visited Chokhi Dhani, Amer Fort, Bangarh Fort and many restaurants and eateries
  • Have taken part in several special occasions with my work colleagues, especially involving cake!!
  • Have organised the fundraising campaign for work so that we can build a new classroom, along with increasing our facebook likes, organising a huge amount of donations from the UK and liaising and connecting with three different schools.
  • I contacted around 50 hotels in the area to see if they were interested in using my services. Sadly none were interested....
  • I have bought my massage equipment and have had my first client.
  • I have created a facebook page for my business and am in the process of liaising with local business/gyms/physios/guest house owners to increase my clientele.
  • Took part in a Bollywood shoot to earn a small amount of money...but it's money!
  • Tried beyond belief to set up a bank account and obtain internet, you would think that was easy....it is not!!
  • I have attended temple regularly with my work colleague
  • Got my mobile phone sorted out here
  • Found the beer shop and the means of purchasing groceries
So, although there have been challenges in the last ten weeks, i have had many wonderful experiences and i have tried bloody hard!  Let's see what the next few months bring!




No comments:

Post a Comment